100% natural ghee obtained from the milk of a special species of cows known as “Gir Cows” from Rajkot . Special care is taken regarding the nutrition provided to the cows. They are allowed to dwell in a natural habitat and graze in forests. These cows are mainly found in forest regions and many districts of the state Gujarat. In comparison to any other exotic breeds of cows, these produce more milk.
Ghee is a high source of fat.
1 tbsp/15 g – 12.7 g of fat
It has minimal amounts of protein and no carbohydrates or dietary fiber.
It is a good source of Vitamin A, D and E
Its smoke point is high and thereby advantageous for cooking
Ghee of indigenous breed of Gir cows has a number of curative properties.
- It slows down the aging process and strengthens the immune system
- Facilitates the absorption of fat soluble nutrients like vitamin A, D, E, and K in foods that are vital for health.
- In medicinal practice cow ghee is used to treat ulcers, constipation, fissures, piles and fistula. It lubricates the colon and helps in eliminating the toxins out of the body.
- Ghee promotes healthy eyes, skin and is also used to treat burns and blisters
- Ghee should be given to newborns as well as lactating mothers. In lactating mothers it fortifies the milk and it also improves the breast milk production.
- Ghee promotes heart health and a better circulation.
- Daily intake of ghee also keeps the joints supple.
- Ghee is also known to take care of minor ailments like insomnia, dry coughs and migraine.
How to use?
10- 15 gm of ghee can be consumed per day with food or with ayurvedic medications. Ghee should be consumed before meals or in the beginning of the meals as it is considered heavy to digest, so earlier the better.
Q. Can I consume ghee everyday?
A. Yes. It is safe to consume ghee everyday in moderation.
Q. Can I consume in spite of obesity/diabetes or cholesterol issues?
A. This depends on how much you are consuming per day. Moderation plays the key role everywhere. Ghee definitely has beneficial fatty acids which will boost the heart health. But beyond excess good fats turn into bad fats too.
Q. Which ghee is better? Buffalo ghee or Cow ghee?
A. Cow ghee and buffalo ghee has its own good and bad side but the ghee prepared out of cow’s milk is considered to have more medicinal properties and good for heart patient and children.